Sedinam Awo Tsegah

Sedinam Awo Tsegah.

Sedinam was born in May, 1992 in Accra, Ghana. She studied Visual Art at Wesley Girls’ High School in Cape Coast and continued to study BA Communication Design at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Kumasi.

Her works are noted as a kind of renaissance within the young Ghanaian art scene, encapsulating the design, communication and aesthetic elements of the past and future. A time capsule that wraps, history, futurism and socio-political advocacy, all in one, defined and presented by her talented unique style of communication.

Her printed and signed works shall be exhibited and sold at the event space of "Republic Spirit- Coming to America Edition" .

HER MESSAGE TO YOU
==================
Growing up, I was always captured by art and admired how artists used various techniques and mediums to tell stories and express emotions. Learning about various artists and art movements, I came to the realization of the need to develop my own unique style as an artist.

I am interested in Ghanaian culture and how objects in our environment can be combined differently to bring ideas to life. My work exposes layers and contrasts within the context of contemporary, post-colonial history and politics. My creations are reflective of pop art ex-plorations of freedom and question social reality through image rebuilding.
Spending a year and a half with an advertising agency, I came to appreciate more how visuals are able to affect behavior patterns and mindsets so I began expressing myself through digital art using tools such as Photoshop to work on social themes, politics and self reflection.
Due to my interest in Photography as well I go online searching for interesting photos to manipulate or take them myself and recreate them based on my idea.
Through my creations I had exposure by being an exhibiting artist at the 2016 ChaleWote Festival. I was also shortlisted in the top 100 Absa L’atelier 2018 Competition and top ten in the Kuenyehia Prize for Contemporary Ghanaian Art.
My finished creations are printed on materials such as canvas and matte paper.
Sedinam Awo Tsegah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, GHANA WINS THE MAIDEN EDITION OF FACE OF PUSAG INNOVATION.

THANK YOU WITH GRATITUDE, LOVE AND BLESSINGS!

IMPERIAL COLLEGE OF ARTS THIRD GRADUATION